I am going to explain the Web directories How they are formed and what is the importance Importance of the web directories how they play very important role in creating the DoFollow Backlinks
What are web Directories ? How the Web directories formed?
Definition of Web Directory
In simple form “Web directories are the websites contains different sites links in a categorized format.”
Importance of the Web directories
In the beginning of the Internet ages, I mean before existence of search engines these the web directories plays an important role by collecting information of different websites and keep them in a categorised format. This web directories also called search directories at that time Internet users were used these web directories to get the desired information from this web directories.
The web directories are huge collections of links that have been categorized into specific Categories or topics. Before the importance of the search engines, a web directory had been considered as the very best search tool for finding desired information. However the major search engines are becoming very popular, there may be still many different useful reasons behind submitting a website to be listed in the web directories.
After existence of this search engines, revolutionary changes had taken place then the Internet users completely forget the web directories. All Internet users used these search engines to find the desired information web directories their lose popularity gradually.
But still for seo advantages many Webmasters, SEO optimizers are using the web directories to promote their blogs or websites by creating a backlinks.
There are hundreds and thousands of search directories but undoubtedly the most popular one is DMOZ, Another popular search directory is Yahoo! Directory. The Best of the Web and Jasmine Directory are some of the oldest Web directories that still keeps to high standards in selecting sites.
Examples of well-known general web directories are Yahoo! Directory and also the Open Directory Project (ODP). ODP is significant because of its extensive categorization and huge quantity of listings and it is free availability to be used by other directories and search engines.
There is different type of web Directories and they have various features in the listing, that are often depend upon the Free and paid :
- Totally free web directory– These type of directories dint charge any price to submit a link there isn’t any charge for that review and listing of the site
- Reciprocal link submission web directory – a link back to the directory must be added somewhere on the submitted website to get listed in the directory, It means link exchange process.
- No Reciprocal link web directory – a web directory where you will submit your links for free and no need to add link back to your website.
- Paid submission web directory – a one-time or recurring fee is charged for reviewing/listing the submitted link.
- No follow – there’s a rel=”nofollow” attribute associated with the link, meaning search engines will give no weight to the link.
- Featured listing web directory – the hyperlink is given a premium position in a category (or multiple categories) or other sections of the directory, such as the homepage. Sometimes called sponsored listing.
- Bid for position web directory – where sites are ordered depending on bids
- Affiliate links – in which the directory earns commission for referred customers from the listed websites
Web directories play an important role in creating quality Backlinks to Bloggers and website owners